Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tofu anyone?

Yes, that's right, I said TOFU. See, you thought I was bad, but Robin had to go and out foodie me by making tofu. Well, good for Robin. See review below...

We made the Orange Glazed Tofu Triangles with Sesame Rice last night. It got great reviews on the board so I tried it since we both love tofu. It was fabulous. Once in a while, Cooking Light surprises me with a great keeper recipe and this is one of them. I really did follow the recipe as posted this time. I didn't use sesame oil because I don't care for the strong taste of it ... I just used vegetable oil. And I browned my tofu in a nonstick pan on the stovetop instead of in a grill pan. The picture Alex took doesn't do the dish justice ... I think he was more interested in eating than taking pictures so I apologize. And my tofu is a little more browned on some sides because I got distracted by the little one... happens often these days! If you like tofu you should make this ... it was really tasty.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

To be honest, I have a package of tofu in my fridge right now. I bought it to make some finger foods for James, but I might just have to try this one. I don't think Mark will ever let me get away with it though. *Sigh, anyone remember Pei Wei's pad tai with tofu? That was good stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Just checked out your sight and love it! How can I join the challenge? I know not one thing about blogging either. GREAT to see you all yesterday and your big fat baby boy is BEAUTIFUL! He is not the fattest I have ever seen either!