Monday, June 11, 2007

Challenge Update

Anyone wish to share their challenge results? If you would like to write a post yourself, let me know and I will give you posting privileges...Oh, the power!!!

We had a submission from our international representative, Robin in Berlin made the Grilled Eggplant Salad and gave it an "excellent" review. I should try that one. I don't think I have ever made eggplant before.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last week I made the Vietnamese Caramelized Pork and Rice Noodle Salad and thought it was "very good". I would like to make it again and it was pretty easy, but it had a lot of different parts to it, so it took awhile to put together. I can see making this after a Saturday spent doing house chores for dinner. It was refreshing and filling, but not too heavy. I made the recipe as written...maybe added a little more lettuce than it called for, subbed radishes for the bean sprouts, and served it with a Belgium beer like they recommended (Stella). It served me and Mark, plus my parents with some left over.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mark was a little hesitant at first. It reminded him of Thai lime beef salad which he HATES (who doesn't like Thai lime beef salad?!?!?), but seemed to like it in the end.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark is a cool dude!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting our pic! ... robin

Andee said...

I LOVE that pic of Mark. He is so funny.