Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New Review

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I made Melissa's dinner of Grilled Chicken and Tapenade Sandwiches and New Potato Salad and just wanted to add my take on it. The whole meal came out really well, although thanks to a little rain, I made it indoors on my grill pan, so it took a little longer than it should have. The potato salad was the surprise hit, and will probably become my go-to potato salad from now on. Part of my personal challenge was to make an entire meal from Cooking Light so I also made the dessert suggested in this "Dinner Tonight" section. To be honest, this was a lot of food and I wasn't really hungry for dessert. However, when Mark heard we had dessert, he was all for it. "Is it PIE?!?!?" Um, no. I tried to tell him not to get too excited. "Oh, is it key lime pie?" No, the cooking light suggestion was cantaloupe drizzled with port. Mark was not happy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

We aren't big melon people, but I thought it was ok. Would have been better to be cantaloupe soaked in port. Or go all the way as sipping port served with leftover warmed brownies from last week. Mmmmm.....

3 comments:

Andee said...

I swear to God, Mark cracks me up. That picture is hilarious! And cantaloupe drizzled with Port sounds great to me. Yum yum!

Beth said...

Kerri, what did you have to do about James reflux? I had thought that maybe that was the problem before but her spitting up has kind of subsided. She still eats constantly though....

Mel said...

How about just drinking the port until you forget there was some piece of fruit you were supposed to eat??