Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My big, fat BABY!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Baby James is now 9 months old. He loves being naked. He is pulls up on everything and does not crawl, but scoots with ease. Here is his "Normandy Beach" reenactment:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I should write a book about big babies. I really think they are different from your non-big variety. A little story: when James was first born and he would get weighed and measured I would be horrified at the results. He was so much bigger than the other babies and just was growing like crazy. I thought that I was doing something wrong. All he did was scream all the time and the only thing that would shut him up was walkies, the bouncy ball, and nursing. I nursed him with my doctors blessing ever 2 hours for 45 minutes plus. When he was 10 weeks old, I was encourage to take it to every two and a half hours. All this for my own sanity. I am writing this because some parents feel like the size of their baby is a direct reflection on how they are doing as parents, and that is simply not true, some are just bigger than others, and some have horrible cases of colic and we deal with is as best we know how. So, at his 9 month check up, James was 23 pounds 6 oz and 31 inches long. That is between the 90-95%. Ok, the height is a little more than 95%. He is now wearing 24 month outfits. The rompers are the best because his big, fat belly fits in them so nicely. Here is my big, fat baby:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There he is! Poor James wasn't getting the coverage he rightly deserved with all the cooking going on! :) What a cutie ... we can't wait to meet the little guy! ... Robin

Andee said...

Hey, there is nothing wrong with being ab ig baby! Never mind the fact that he is as tall as Kyra and weighs more than her, even though she is much older than he is. Maybe I am doing something wrong, not you....... :-) I'm glad that he is healthy and growing. And don't worry, he will be crawling any day now, or just skip that part and go straight to walking. On a positive note, I bet you have really strong arms!

Anonymous said...

I love reading these baby stories. Gives me soooo much to look forward to.

Allison said...

SB is a big girl - 75th percentile for weight. Some kids are just that way. I love his little scoot.

Anonymous said...

This is your new neighbor Juliet (John's mom). I loved your blog about big baby, because we have the opposite problem! I worry because John is so little! It reminded me that all moms worry about all things baby, and 99% of it is all nothing to worry about!!

Anonymous said...

I have a fat baby too, he is 5 months old and weighs at least 19 lbs by now and wears 12 month clothes very well!!