Friday, June 15, 2007

More challenge results

I made two dishes from Cooking Light this week. This first was Spicy-Basque Style Chicken. I will give this one an OK review. I was really looking forward to it due to the Smoked Spanish Paprika which is THE spice of 2007. The only major sub I made was only using one can of tomatoes, and used one fresh tomato picked from my front yard. This dish just seemed a little bland, it might be better with a little salt added. I held off due to the prosciutto and the olives. (Just a little note, you can get prosciutto from the deli counter at Ingles in this area. ) I served it with saffron rice and a guacamole salad. This recipe was from the "superfast" section of the magazine and will say that it came together very quickly, in less than 30 minutes. My mom made the same recipe and gave hers a better review.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The second recipe I made was Sesame Brown Rice Salad with Shredded Chicken and Peanuts. This one also gets an "ok" and there is no picture, mainly due to the fact that Mark, James, and I were having one of those "one day we are totally going to be on SuperNanny" nights. I think this one has potential, but I had to leave out the sesame seed oil because as it turns out, I don't have any. I think that would have helped out a lot. This would be great for lunches with leftover chicken and rice.

No comments: