Monday, June 25, 2007

BLECH!!

Last night I made the Lemon-Tarragon Grilled Pork Chops. See title. I thought this recipe sounded interesting because it is a brine. However, because of that brine, they were really too salty. Mark liked them ok because it reminded him of country ham. However, I hate ham. It tastes so....hammy. Every once in awhile, you would get a taste of tarragon, and oh yeah, tarragon isn't my favorite either.

With this I made the Grilled Eggplant Salad, as recommended by Robin. Again, part of my challenge was to make something I normally wouldn't make. I never made eggplant before and too be honest, I don't ever remember eating it. I thought this was really good. I was very impressed with the texture of the eggplant and loved the tangyness of the salad. It was really easy I would make it again, however, once Mark found out that he was eating eggplant, he wouldn't finish his LAST BITE.

So all in all, dinner sucked. Good thing I also made a bunch of muffins to redeem myself.

2 comments:

Beth said...

OK so I am a blog stalker :-) and saw your cooking light challenge and made one of the recipes. It is a broccoli, cheese and rice casserole. Pretty yummy. I'll post a pic on my blog. It doesn't look all fancy but it is good. http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=479075

wirrek said...

Thanks Beth! I will have to remember that one. FYI to everyone - I am trying to figure out a new format incase there is anyone who wants to participate in a challenge in July.