Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 9: I think I cheated and the SUPER BOWL

As I have mentioned before, after church we go out to lunch. Last week, we went to Moe's. This week, we were having some issues figuring out a place to go that would have something vegan for me to eat. After much debate (pretty much all through communion) we decided to go to Briosa. Briosa is awesome. You pick your fresh pasta and then you pick your fresh sauce. It is the only place that we have here that they don't have in Dallas. So suck it, Dallas, you and your big city Pei Wei, Berryhill, Cafe Express, and Tin Star, we do have Briosa. Its awesome. At any rate, I do know that most recipes call for eggs in fresh pasta, but Briosa has whole wheat pasta, and by reading the ingredients of my whole wheat pasta, it list "whole wheat, water, salt." I figured I was safe. I ordered the whole wheat fettucini and arribiata sauce. I turn my nose up at the bread which obviously had dried milk. I didn't take any tastes of the kids free gelato, but I ate all of my whole wheat pasta. Then I got to thinking, I did some googling, and am pretty sure eggs are a key ingredient in fresh whole wheat pasta. Oh well.

Then there is the super bowl. I really tried to plan this challenge against any major cullinary obsticles like this. Ms Becky loves the super bowl, throws a great party, and had been planning the menu from the moment that the two teams were announced. Last thing I wanted to do is show up and bring my own dinner. But I did. I brought:
grilled portabella mushrooms
sauteed red peppers and onions
guacamole
homemade whole wheat tortillas
chocolate chip cookie dough balls
shiner bock

I did have one tiny cheesey curd. I mean, I had probably already cheated, and I wanted to taste a cheese curd. I'll be honest, I didn't get it, but I am glad I tried. And it was a good party.

Tomorrow is Day 10!

No comments: