Monday, April 30, 2007

Holy Terror

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nahhh, Baby James is an angel!

So, DS was baptized this weekend. It was a crazy, busy weekend with tons of family and friends, but it was a lot of fun. James did great during the church service and the after party, but of course, decided to stop sleeping during his regularly scheduled times. One thing I have to say is ever since I found out I was pregnant, I have been overwhelmed by others generosity and kindness towards my family. Thanks to all.

Here is the family after the service with the pastor:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And James with some of his (many) girl cousins:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It was a little bright!

******
As an aside, I just have to say, when I was going through infertility, I found the baptism service particular difficult. Something about gifts from God for other people, not for me, or something like that. But I'm not bitter ;) As I stood in front of the church and looked out I couldn't help but thinking, "is anyone out there like me?" and said a prayer. My heart still aches for you.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Isn't it amazing that it's still hard after because of infertility? Hopefully your story - and other IF stories - will give women hope! We loved the baptism!

lunar said...

My heart hurt when I read that you were thinking about everyone else when it was your turn to enjoy being up there...it really changes us forever, doesn't it? I am so thankful that it was you up there this time!