Saturday, April 14, 2007

Waddle On

Mark, my mom, Baby James, and I all participated in a 5K this morning. It almost didn't happen with James being sick. He had lost his appetite and last night, he was making up those lost calories and got up several times to eat. We made it out the door on time anyways.

It was a cute little race. I was number 193 and registered like 20 minutes before it started, so it was pretty small. I had been running really well at the gym, but the last couple of weeks James has had severe separation aniexty so I hadn't gotten my full workout in. Plus, this week with the virus, we hadn't even make it to the gym. I decided to run anyways. Mark and my mom were going to walk with James.

It was a tough race, I'm not going to lie. Partly my fault, I went out faster than I should. I finished the first mile at 9:05. Very respectable, but in my current condition that was just too fast. I walked a little about halfway when it got hilly, but my final time was still 29:21. Anything under 30 minutes is good for me. My mom did great! She finished just over 45 minutes. Mark and James came in at about 50 minutes, but they did cut a corner. James lasted about halfway in the jog stroller and had to be moved the the Ergo.

Anyways, it was a great morning, but I am very tired now. Hopefully this will inspire me to keep working out and inspire James to let me!

I did bring the camera, but forgot it in the car. Hopefully the race will post some pictures soon. Next one is April 28th, but we might just have a water station.

Waddle on, friends.

No comments: