Monday, July 25, 2011

Star Wars Six Party

Remember when I let James have a Star Wars party?

Yeah, you can already see where this is going, right? Well, a few weeks ago, James got it into his head that he was having a "Star Wars Six Party". He had it all planned out and it was going to be on a Friday. Excuse me? A Friday? I don't do Fridays. I am pretty fried by then so I talked him into postponing it until the next Movie Time Monday. I can deal with Monday, especially when I have already committed to having kids then. We invited one extra, but had the usual MTM crew. To those of you who were born before the year 2000, Star Wars Six means Return of the Jedi. I know, it is confusing.

So, James was immediately in costume:

Photobucket

And the light sabers were out and ready:

Photobucket

James had prepared a special treat for everyone. No, I am not talking about the Star Wars cookies, I am talking about James's "frescious cold water." James took little cups and put ice in them in the fridge and allowed it to melt. I think the term "frescious" is a combination "precious" and "refreshing". He is so proud of his water.

Photobucket

I was pretty embarrassed when he gave some to Henry. Henry didn't think it tasted like anything, but was impressed by the changing of the solid state to the liquid state.

Other activities, here are the boys in their speeder bikes:

Photobucket

And here is everyone in their X-wing fighters. I believe Henry at the point had determined that the couch was the Death Star.

Photobucket

One last thing, and Juliet may have to help me with the correct phrasing. I didn't understand why James was so insistant that he wear a sweatshirt through this whole thing, but he said later that is was a jedi because, he had "my sweatshirt with a hood". I guess it kind of does look like the jedi hooded cloak...

May the force be with you!

2 comments:

HenryParsons said...

I'm pretty embarrassed that my lame kid made James feel bad about his frescious water. Someone needs to tell Henry to loosen up and have some fun.

Juliet said...

Oh, I don't know. There's always got to be one kid in the group who warns the other kids that what they're doing is a bad idea... I think Henry is the only one who can provide that service in this crowd!