Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July parade

We had a parade last year, but again, the kids have been planning another one ever since. Now that it has been done twice, it is a tradition, right? I did hesitate this year because I didn't want to make a commitment, ie, get locked into July 4 plans before I knew what I really wanted to do. We ended up at my parents house and came out marching of their house into the street:

Photobucket

My mom was smart enough to call some of her neighbors to cheer for us. She is waving at some here:

Photobucket

And some more up the road here:

Photobucket

We are so going to get called to return the favor for grandkids in the future! I think the boys will be cool with it. Andy started off with the cymbals from his parade party:

Photobucket

But then switched with his brother. Good sharing team!

Photobucket

We then marched down to the dock. How Americana is this picture?

Photobucket

Photobucket

and then back up to the house:

Photobucket

And a video. If you are good, you can hear Papa completely ignoring the parade to discuss Nikki Hayley's (the governor, not the stripper) recent overturned veto. Government waste...all of it...especially all those people who are out of a job and competing with ME for jobs. AWESOME!

1 comment:

Andee said...

I love your parade's! :-)