Sunday, January 23, 2011

What is wrong with this picture?

Hey, sometimes you just need a blog post.

Incase you haven't noticed, we got a new tv. By new tv, I mean my dad upgraded to a 3D tv and we got his old cast off. It is pretty nice, don't get me wrong, but as free tvs go, this one is pretty expensive with the new stand and HD fee. In the process of moving things around, we uncovered some old gaming systems and had them laying around. James saw the controllers and games and KNEW THIS WAS SOMETHING HE LIKED. He knew right away what they were for and couldn't wait to play. For those of you born in the 90s or later, the gaming systems featured in this blog post is the atari and the Sony Playstation.

I am not into video games. At all. Not at all. But I did play some atari in my day. On Friday I set it up (which in itself is a miracle) and let James go to town:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Turns out all/most atari games involve shooting something or someone dying. It is pretty difficult for today's youth with the CGI to understand what is going on.

"hey, I think this is a racing game James. Want to play?"
"That is not a car"
"Yes, it is!"

We did have more luck with the PS. I have never played these games so we waited for Mark. Graffics were a little better, but not much. The first game was the robot war game, which Mark and James played a "head to head" match up where they just walked around and flew.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think the computer was most confused that no one was trying to kill anyone.

At any rate, I think we might be getting a Wii for Easter...we will see!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Nice to know we're not the only ones that get "new" stuff because my parents upgrade their stuff. We got our TV the same way!