Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Bat in the Lamp

What?!? You wanted pictures of the kids?!? You will just have to wait.

So, Mark, my husband, is in California on business and left me with 2 babies. His parents were nice enough to come and stay with me this week and help me out. Tuesday morning, James, Andy, MIL, and I had just come in from a walk and I heard this stratching sound coming from a floor lamp. All I see from the top of this lamp, is a bony little arm sticking out and that was enough. My MIL and I tie a garbage bag around the top and take the entire lamp outside. Once the babies are down for their naps, it is time to deal with this...thing.

lamp

The bat was stuck between the bulb and the bowl, and it looked to be just a baby bat.

lamp2

We shake the bat down into a pitcher lined with a ziptop bag.

pitcher

And from there we are able to contain the bat.

bag

Although this bat was the only one in our house, there were more in the attic and we are in the process of dealing with an exterminator (ok, the bat man) to get rid of them.

What a week!

2 comments:

Robin said...

The title sounds like a great title to the start of a children's book!

Susanne said...

John wants to know if you remember the bat in the Yosemite cabin...