Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Giving it a TRI

So, I signed up for the Pickens YMCA sprint triathalon. It is a 300 yard swim, 12.4 mile bike ride, and 3.1 mile run. I am very excited to be able to participate, but the only problem is that I don't own a bike. I borrowed a mountain bike from a neighbor, but I don't think it is going to work. It is just too much work to ride a mountain bike for that long. Seriously, I went on a training ride with some other people, and I came in dead last. I hate being last. So, does anyone out there in the area have a road bike that I could borrow? I just don't want to drop $700 right now for a bike that I may not use ever again.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Becky S said...

When is the sprint? My dad did one last year, and said it was really hard. I want to do one next summer so I have something to work towards (and get this baby fat off)so maybe we can train together.

wirrek said...

Its September 15. I haven't really trained and I don't have to time to train properly, but the swim and the run shouldn't be a problem. I'll do one next year with you, if I have a bike by then!