Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'm that new mom

James and I had been waiting at MY doctor's office (long story) for over an hour (story for another time) when my previously slightly fussy/clingy baby got a lot more fussy. Well, it was almost time for a bottle, lets try that. Nope. Need a diaper? Nope. Are you bored? Nope. One by one, I am checking off the normal things and then I realize his cry sounds different. I am starting to think something is really wrong with my baby. I start heading out the door to either James's pediatrician or the ER when I am finally called. I go with the nurse thinking if nothing else, at least my doctor is there.

By this time, he has quieted down and started to take notice of his surroundings. And wants to put them in his mouth. I call anyways and get a 1:30 appointment. After my problem has been resolved, James and I get some lunch when he has another one of these episodes. Oh my. You worry that you won't be able to tell that something is wrong, but you can. The cry sounds different, he looks different, his eyes are different, and when you kiss his little head, you can tell that it is hotter than normal.

We get to the pediatrician's office, and we see the NP. I have never had her before, but all I want is a little reassurance. She asked me if during these episodes if James pointed or indicated what was wrong. Um, no, I am concerned because he seems to be crying for no reason. Then she mentions that between the ages of 7-11 months, a lot of babies have stranger anxiety. Seriously, you think I would bring my child in for stranger anxiety? She does a brief examination, mentions teething and viral infections and tells me to give him Tylenol if he starts crying again. This is the first time I feel like THAT new mom. But I don't care. You really have to trust your instincts and see that there is something wrong with your baby. At least now I know he is not bleeding internally.

Anyways, I really wanted to post some pictures because we got a new camera. I am still getting used to this one and having some flash issues. Yesterday, I had James in a cute little overalls outfit, but when the fridge was open, he grabbed some capers and spilled them all over himself, so he is in a onesie in these pictures. I do love a baby in a onesie. It makes James look like a baby rather than the little boy he is becoming. Look at this cute little onesie butt:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In mid-clap: (we can't teach him "more" but he picked up clapping all on his own)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And playing with his toy:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6 comments:

KAJ said...

Dear James-

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! your butt is cute. Didn't that toy have a top on it when I gave it to you? See you soon!

Love-
Charlie

Sweet T said...

You gotta go to the doctor...a $20 copay is worth it for a little piece of mind! And by the way, I will probably NEVER have capers in my fridge! :)

Andee said...

What are capers? :-)

KAJ said...

A CAPER is an illegal act or theft, usually found on Scooby Doo. I am not sure why Kerri had that in her fridge, but she is an amazing cook...right?

wirrek said...

*exasperated sigh* ok, seriously people. Capers are those little green balls that are in a brine. You use them in a lot of italian cooking. I am not a huge fan, but a lot of times they do bring a little extra to the dish. And by the way, KAJ has a blog, you should check it out. Ha, I just outed you!

Anonymous said...

Kerri...for what it's worth, I use capers on an italian dish I make.