Wednesday, May 23, 2007

No pictures, new recipe

I know where the camera is, but apparently Mark needed it for work, so still no pictures. However, I have a yummy recipe to share that I made last night. This was the first complete meal that I made in my new kitchen. This is a very easy and tasty meal, but it takes 3 hours to bake so those of you with JOBS should save this for a weekend. It would be great as a Sunday dinner. I served it with steamed broccoli drizzled with lemon olive oil.

Crispy Chicken with Basil and Sweet Tomatoes
4 chicken drumsticks and 4 chicken quarters (I used 2 HUGE, Dallas sized breasts)
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
bunch of basil, rough chopped
1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved (I used half pound grape tomatoes)
10 cloves garlic, chopped (I used 6)
olive oil
1-1/2 lbs of new potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into bite sized pieces (I used 3 large red potatoes)

Preheat oven to 275. Season chicken with salt and pepper and put them in a snug-fitting pan in one layer. Throw in all the basil leaves, the tomatoes, and the potatoes. Scatter the garlic into the pan and drizzle over some olive oil. Mix around, pushing the tomatoes and potatoes under the chicken. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour. Take it out, and stir all around a bit and raiser the heat to 325 and cook for another 2 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We tried this recipe this weekend and loved it! In fact, we were able to make 3 "dinners for 2" from it. We used 4 chicken quarters (leg and thigh piece) and had this the first night. Then made a wonderful risotto from the broth the next night and finally I used up the leftover chicken meat on a rosemary chicken pizza from Rachel Ray magazine (www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/36531/). Do I get any bonus points for the challenge this month? ... Robin