Thursday, March 22, 2007

Big accomplishment

DS and I were driving back from taking Mr. Gilbert to the vet. I glanced in my rear view mirror and James had something blue in his mouth. "Where did he get something blue to put in your mouth?" I asked him. It turned out to be his sock.

When he was done chewing on his sock, he threw it out of the car seat. He then glanced down and had just an expression of pride in being able to take his sock off, and an expression of pure joy in his future great decision to make. "Should I take the other sock off, or should I play with my naked foot?" Naked foot went in the mouth.

It was so cute.

James is doing really good, although he is going through a destructive phase. He still just has 2 teeth, we saw a 3rd one, but it doesn't seem to be making any progress. I think he has been teething again lately: rosy cheeks, rubs his cheeks, rubs his ear, but he is really always teething. He rolls over like a champ and loves to play on the big peoples bed. James can sit up, but he isn't so good at it. I think his big fat belly gets in the way. I am currently putting away his 12 month clothes, some 18 month clothes, and buying 24 month outfits. He takes 3 naps a day on a good day and goes down at around 6:30. He does not sleep through the night, but that is ok. He eats 3 solid meals a day, and we are still breastfeeding.

I love my little boy. Here is a picture:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

KAJ said...

OMG you two are so precious! Little one in the picture and you in your funny little narrative!! Good times indeed!