Tuesday, June 12, 2012

NinjaGO! Andy is 4!

Photobucket

Andy turned 4 this past weekend.  He still lets me sing lullabies to him, but more often then not he wants to do the singing.  In one way he is not a baby is that he likes the show Ninjago.  Don't get me wrong, James likes it more, but Andy seemed to like it enough that when I asked him if he wanted a Ninjago Party, he said YES!  Whew, because the CARS party we were going to have was going to be pretty lame.  First thing up, cool cake.  I got a cake topper from ebay and put it on a cake I made.  Andy LOVED his cake.  He kept wanting to look at it and show it off.  So cute:

Photobucket

We had the party at a local park.  Truth be told, this is the FIFTH party I have had at this park and truth be told, I really have it down pat.  First of all, to make sure it is not just another lame trip to the park, I bring lots of outside toys from home, such as chalk and the rocket blaster:

 Photobucket

Photobucket

As kids arrive, I like to have a laid back craft/activity and the one for this party was Throwing Stars.  I  halfheartedly mentioned it to Mark and before I knew it, he had made 15 of them using these directions.  The kids practiced throwing at a target.

Photobucket

And some kids made and decorated their own.

Photobucket

Then we had ninja training.  Turns out, teaching ninjas is a lot like teaching kickboxing:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just wanted to point out in the back, there is another party.  I had reserved the shelter/park for this party, but they just showed up.  I was a little annoyed.  Perhaps that is wrong, but it is one thing to go to a park where there happens to be a party.  It is another to have a party where someone is already having one.  Just my two cents.

Anyways, after training, I tried doing an obsticle course, but the kids were ready for the main event...the scavanger hunt!  I just took pictures of different areas of the park to show where the next "clue" was.  I  have done this at past parties so I tried to increase the level of difficulty this year.  I had hard to find places and 8 clues.  The older kids were all over it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

At the end of the hunt was the "full potential"  in the form of ninja headbands:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we had cake and party favors.  Since Ninjago is pretty new, I had to be creative.  Everyone got a plastic snake (The Serpentine), a Lego Mini Figure (these were a big hit), bubbles, cheese its, Scooby Doo fruit snacks, bubbles, and stickers. 

Photobucket

Andy ended up having a great party and a wonderful birthday!

3 comments:

Juliet said...

You are indeed the Queen of the Park Birthday Party. I have learned a lot from you, Sensei.

Andee said...

Yay, Happy Birthday Andy!

KAJ said...

Your kids are so lucky that they have the coolest Aunts and Uncles on Earth...