Friday, April 27, 2012

Soccer: Spring 2012 - Andy

Dare I even bother?

This is the first in a two part series where I talk about the sports the kids did this spring. James did T-ball, Andy did soccer. I did try to get them to do the same sport. It didn't happen. But Andy really wanted to do soccer. Yes, I found it hard to believe as well, but I was hopefully since we had been through the first season learning about what soccer is about, this second season would be better.

Of course, I was wrong. So, here is a normal day. Andy and I get to soccer pretty early. On this particular day I was surprised when Andy voluntarily started dribbling. That was unsual.

Photobucket

Sitting in a chair eating a snack, that was more his speed:

Photobucket

Again, dribbling. Who is this kid?

Photobucket

Oh, picking grass. Now, that is Andy:

Photobucket

Eventually the other kids showed up, and the game got start.

A different thing with this season, I apparently embraced my destiny and volunteered to be assistant coach.

Photobucket

My dad was so proud:

Photobucket

The game starts and the kids start playing. Here was our ringer. He was amazing:

Photobucket

Girl ringer.

Photobucket

And me, I entertained the kids on the bench.

Photobucket

Meaning I was the bench. After "a quarter" we would switch the kids out. Honestly, I did such a good job with the kids, they often wanted to say with me. But we got them out there.

Photobucket

And I was still the bench:

Photobucket

Andy had a great run!

Photobucket

And finally the post game shaking of hands:

Photobucket

Good times. We will see if Andy and I do this again in the fall!

Photobucket

2 comments:

lunar said...

You can always tell which are the kids of soccer parents because they're the ones with the socks OVER the shinguards. Way to go bench!

Andee said...

LOL about you being the bench. :-) And Yay small child soccer! So cute to watch them play herd-ball.