Friday, April 20, 2012

Mud Run 2012

I am a little hesitant to do this post because of the new blogger. I have a feeling it is just going to make me mad.

 At any rate... After 3 years to forget the pain of my previous mud run, I allowed myself to be talked into doing another one. My team consisted of Ms Juliet and Ms Becky, and Lee, who I can only describe as my step mentor. Our team name was "Let's do it for Britney, ya'll!" (as an aside, there was apparently a T-shirt contest which I wish I would have known about. We could have taken that theme all the way!) Here is the before picture:
 Photobucket
And 3.5 miles and 35-40 obstacles later, the after:
 Photobucket
Towards the end, the hardest obstacle is the 8ft wall. But it makes you believe in humanity again. Photobucket
So, that was my mud run, blah blah blah, what I am really here to talk about is the KIDS mud run. I don't know how he does this, but James caught on that I was doing this "mud run" so of course, HE wanted to do a mud run. I can't even remember if I told him about the kids mud run...maybe I did...after many requests, and after the kids set up their own mud run in the house: Photobucket ,
we went back to the site the day after to let the kids run the kids course. The before picture: Photobucket
James in the first obstacle:
 Photobucket
and the second:
 Photobucket
Andy was less sure...
 Photobucket
James was totally into it, even if certain obstacles took awhile to be okay with:
 Photobucket
Oh yeah!
 Photobucket Photobucket Andy took his time and did his own thing:
 Photobucket Photobucket But Daddy sweetened the deal.
 Photobucket
And all was well:
 Photobucket
The after picture:
 Photobucket

So, this is what I am saying, why are there no returns in my post. I like to spread things out. Ugh, well, at least you get to see the pictures!  **updated...is it fixed?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was GREAT!! Thanks.

MOM

Andee said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!