Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sleepover!

Back in December, there was a sleepover party for our neighbor Henry's birthday. It apparently was the coolest thing ever. Since then, James and Andy have been asking, when can THEY have a sleepover party. Everything worked out for this weekend and Friday night was their first (planned) sleepover. We had the traditional pizza for dinner:

Photobucket

James has actually decided he doesn't like pizza, so he had crazy bread. We had star wars cookies for dessert.

After food, we headed outside for a glow-in-the-dark scavenger hunt.

Photobucket

I bought some flashlights and glow in the dark night creatures from the dollar store for the boys to find.

Photobucket

I am guessing that since they were from the dollar store, that is why they didn't really glow in the dark?

Photobucket

The post hunt picture:

Photobucket

Then they got jammies on and laid in their sleeping bags to watch Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs. Mark and I only caught the end, but man, we need to see the whole thing!

Photobucket

We let them stay up past bedtime, and man, my kids were DONE by 8:30. They got all settled in Andy's room to sleep.

Photobucket

Apparently Gilbert had some thoughts on joining the party. That was weird.

Photobucket

They took about 20 minutes to settle down and go to sleep. It turns out James is super serious about sleeping and actually ended up going to his room to sleep. I don't blame you James. I would totally rather sleep in my bed instead of on the floor!

Then Mommy had her own little sleepover party with a good friend:

Photobucket

They were up probably around 6:30 the next morning. They watched a little tv, had some pancakes, played some wii and I kicked them out/returned them to their fathers at 9:30.

I think everyone had fun, but I am glad to have a quiet night tonight!

4 comments:

Tony said...

Thank you Kwists for doing the sleepover!

Pa said...

That looks awesome! Thanks, Miss Kerri, you are the best!
I like your "good friend" too!!
Did you "charge" the glow in the dark toys before putting them out? The glow doesn't last very long at all...

Pa said...

(Pa's comment was actually from Juliet. Didn't realize I was signed in as Pa...)

wirrek said...

I did charge them, but maybe my light was not bright enough. They did glow, but not enough to see without flashlights.