Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snowmageddon, Low Country style

I feel like I am just adding to a previous story. This weekend, there was snow in SC. It was predicted and pretty much assured, which usually means we won't get anything. We had already made plans to go visit Mark's parents by Charleston. We ended up leaving EARLY to beat the weather. On the way down we saw lots of proof that the area was gearing up for snow:

Photobucket

Snow started falling about the time we hit I-95...and James had to hit the bathroom. It is really better to have a kid that is potty trained?

Photobucket

We get to Mark's parents house right around 5pm. So here I am, at my in-laws, grading papers, and we lost power at 9:15pm. It stayed off until about 2pm the next day. This did not seem to bother James. He excitely insisted everyone view the snow when they got up...before 7am (it was cold!).

I was afraid I didn't pack enough clothes (especially since, did I mention? we had no power) so we layered the kids with their jammies. Then we got their coats on, and was in the snow by 8am.

Photobucket

James had a to do list. Snow angel:

Photobucket
Check!

Snow ball fight:

Photobucket
Check!

Snowman:

Photobucket
Check!

Andy was done with the cold in 20 minutes. He is really a little young to keep his stuff on.

Photobucket

James and Daddy in front of Opa and Grannie's house:
Photobucket

After the snow, we went to "the pirate ship" for lunch. Except it wasn't really a pirate ship. James was NOT fooled.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

At least it had heat!
Photobucket

No comments: