Sunday, May 24, 2009

Welcome to the world!

Do you know that there is a sub-culture of moms who keep their kids rear facing until they are like 5?!??! They just think it is safer. Me, I think eventually, you need to come into the world the way it is. If you were really worried about it, you can just stay home. The law is 1 year AND 20 pounds. Andy is not quite a year yet, but we had the car seat out for some other reason, so we went ahead and turned it around. As you can see, he was blown away by the change:
Photobucket

Just kiding, Andy always looks like that. Here is James and Andy in the car:
Photobucket

Andy looking out the window. You can't see the train going by, but that is what he was looking at. Or that is what we were telling him to look at, but he doesn't care...yet.
Photobucket

One more of James, I was trying to take a picture of his FRECKLES!!!
Photobucket

Not sure if you can see them, but it really is super cute...although I guess it means I haven't been so good at the sun screen this year.

4 comments:

Allison said...

SB freaked out when she changed her seat around!

I can't see James' freckles - maybe I'll see them soon!

Hollie said...

Alle Marie loved it when we turned her around. We did wait until she was one, but with EG we turned her around at about 10 months because she hated not being able to see us!

lbmartinez said...

I'm on my pediatrics rotation right now and the current American Academy of Pediatrics recommendation (for those of you who care about such things) is to keep kids rear facing until 2 years (no weight limit)--easier said than done. Apparently they are 5x safer in the event of a crash. I guess we're going to have to invest in a convertible car seat for this next baby!

lunar said...

I saw the AAP 2yr recommendation...I see their point on safety, but I wonder what sort of issues being too long to rear-face comfortably represents. While your monster Andy is humongous, mine aren't too far behind. Larkin is turning 14 months and she's still rearfacing, but her feet are up on the seat she's so long...that can't be safe. LOL! We're turning her around as soon as we get time to figure out how exactly to do that...