Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The rest of the story...

Yay, James is taking a morning nap! I hope this doesn't mess up our afternoon schedule though.

Anyways, have I been distant? I feel like I have. I have been posting without saying a lot. We have had a lot going on that I just wasn't ready to share. I'll start from when I got pregnant with James.

We conceived James via IVF due to severe endometriosis. IVF costs approximately $8,000. This is actually pretty cheap, and that number is really everything we paid for infertility that year...IVF, 2 IUIs, accupuncture. Yes, we really tried everything. Two embryos were transferred, but only one took. I guess from that momment when we saw the ONE heartbeat, I started thinking about #2 and the $8,000 we would need to pay for it.

Our plan was to start the process again on James's first birthday, but we just couldn't do it. I just didn't want to go through all that, and not to mention, since I don't have a job, and we moved, the $8,000 was going to be tough.

So I got a job. Yes, I sure did. It was pretty much my dream job and although I had some mommy guilt about putting James in daycare, I was pretty excited about it. I was suppose to start Oct 22, but I found out I was pregnant on Oct 2nd. It didn't just happen. We knew that there was a possibility that the endo could have cleared up enough after the pregnancy to get pregnant again so we were "trying", but just didn't think it would happen. (btw, I did try the whole "get a new job" treatment for infertility the first time around, but it didn't work) With time off for dr appointments and maternity leave, I just didn't think it was in anyone's best interest for me to start work. I ended up turning it down.

I am currently 10 weeks pregnant, due in June (really? JUNE?) and that is how I saved $8,000.

6 comments:

Lauren P said...

That is so wonderful!

Mel said...

I'm so excited for you and Mark! I truly believe God wanted you home with your kids and that's why He gave you #2 at just that exact timing. Just my 0.02 cents :)

lunar said...

I'm putting a request for a June 2nd birth...see what you can do about that. ; )

Craig said...

That's awesome Kerri! Good for you. How nifty. Miss you guys!

Allison said...

Ahh, that's the $8k! I thought it was more like $12k... Are you thinking boy or girl?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Glinsky # 2 is due Feb 5 so he shortly I will have my hands full:)
Happy Holidays
Tamara