Monday, November 19, 2007

One year ago...

It was very early the Monday before Thanksgiving and I was laying in my bed in our house in Dallas for the last time, waiting for James to wake up to eat so we could get on the road. James was 10 weeks old and we were moving to SC. Our house was still on the market and we were going to live with my parents. This was probably the most spontaneous thing that Mark and I had done, even though weeks of planning had gone into it. James finally woke up about 5am and we drove out of Dallas about 6:30am.

The drive normally takes 14 hours, but this time it took about 17 with diaper changes, breast feeding stops, and highly organized bathroom breaks. We rolled into Seneca about 12:30am and I'll never forget my crazy mom, who was the only one who had to work the next day, waving us in from the middle of the street.

Has it really been a year? I guess I will have to stop saying, "we just moved here from Dallas."

3 comments:

Allison said...

And I'm so glad you're here... we need to get together again soon!

Anonymous said...

Time flies my cousin, time flies. I mean you are already almost to the 2nd trimester. June will be here before you know it! I too am glad you are back to the East/South! Happy Birthday!
cousin anne

Mel said...

Wow, it really has been a year. I wish you still lived here in Big D, but I'm glad things are going well up there in Clemson. I just have to figure out a way to see the new baby next summer.....