Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Rainbow Falls

Photobucket

It has been really hot here.  So hot that I had this idea we should go hiking in the mountains.  I knew it was going to be hot there too, but I was just hoping it would be less so.  The boys aren't really into that, but we talked them into it, by allowing them to bring their camera and/or leap pad.  They were cool with that:

Photobucket

But eventually for safety reasons, we had to put them away:

Photobucket

They took to running down the trail instead.  I don't know it you are thinking what I was thinking at the time, but it was something like they sure aren't running back up here!

Photobucket

We had some water and snacks:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Crossed a stream:

Photobucket

Eventually realized we shouldn't be there at all:

Photobucket

There was one last push uphill to get to the falls.  Andy just took over.  He did awesome.  "Mom, look how good I am doing!"

Photobucket

He was excited to reach the falls, although you can't tell by this picture.  This picture is really a tribute to this being Andy's day because he was so amazing.  Also, to prove he really can't take a good picture.

Photobucket

Yes, at the bottom of the falls was an area to swim, but it wasn't really kid friendly.  There are collage aged kids jumping off cliffs down there!  We saw them on the hike back and I  told them how cool it was that they did that, but then I told my kids to NEVER do that.  I think that made them feel bad:

Photobucket

We did find another little swimming hole on the way back.  It still wasn't kid friendly, but a little better:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The hike back was tough, but  we did it.  All in all, a fun day, but I don't think we will get James hiking again any time soon!

1 comment:

KAJ said...

Man! That Leap Pad sure is a good present!!