Friday, September 2, 2011

Family pictures

For a long time I have seen other family pictures with "real" backgrounds, the fake laughing picture, the candid shots and have wondered, why not me? Why, because I am lazy and cheap. Why go out of my way to do something when Olin Mills was able to do it with with the church for the same price and not as good? However, my sister came into town, my grandmother was here, and it was decided to get some of these family pictures.

Our photographer was Jacob Dean Photography. His wife works with my mom and they actually live down the street (hill) from us. It's a small town. I was excited, but a little frantic and we were trying to get everyone ready to meet at the botanical gardens at 9AM. We got there, everyone looked great, we started setting up, and Andy said..."NO!" What? Andy, come sit by me. "NO!"

Fortunately, Jacob also has small kids and although there are several pictures where Andy does look put out, there are some where you don't notice as much. Here was the first one:

Photobucket

We had just gotten there and no one had told Andy to do anything yet.

The fake laugh family picture. I real laugh just thinking about it.

Photobucket

Look at this guy, he could be a model, right?

Photobucket

Except for the spiky hair. And this was a professional hair cut. Ms Becky - we need you!

James also had a tendency of wanting to raise his arms in every picture. Do professional models do that?

Photobucket

Eventually everyone just went along:

Photobucket

Other brother pictures...ie dude get your hands OFF ME!

Photobucket

And running, another favorite:

Photobucket

And finally our family picture. You might see this on a Christmas card in the future. I may have already ordered them:

Photobucket

3 comments:

Christine said...

These are gorgeous photos!! Good for you for getting it all together and making it happen!

Andee said...

I love these. :-)

Mel said...

Love, love, love these pictures. So cute, and I can't wait for the Christmas card!