Saturday, March 26, 2011

Eating Out

I am sorry I gave the impression that there was only going to be one post about our trip to Houston. I actually uploaded 45 pictures, so there will be a few more! The post is about what we ate. What we ate was NOT VEGAN, but most of it was very good. Sunday for lunch Aunt K and Uncle B were nice enough to agree to stay home and feed all the kids lunch so Mark and I could go to our favorite place - Pei Wei! Pei Wei is the little brother restaurant of PF Changs and we miss it sooooo much. We got our old stand bys there: My favorite Pad Thai

Photobucket

I used to get it with chicken, but this one is vegatarian style. Wish I had stuck with the chicked just cause that is what I was used to. Mark got the Mongolian Beef:

Photobucket

I am not sure why I never get this cause it is delicious delicious! Unlike the Pad Thai, they go make this at the PF Changs in Greenville.

We also got brave enough to take all the kids out for dinner one night. Aunt K suggested Rainforest Cafe. Now personally, I am against rainforest cafe and everything they stand for. I had been there once or twice, but I really did want to take my kids there. They had a great time! They kept looking around at all the trees and animals and just STUFF! Aunt K got the kids sweet souveneir cups!

Photobucket

And I was trying to be nice by getting "VOLCANOS!" for everyone, but Aunt K was mad I showed her up.

Photobucket

Here is the whole table:

Photobucket

And just the kids outside:

Photobucket

Now, this is probably really good that we did something like this in Texas on a visit, or else the kids would nag me about going all the time!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I LOVE Pei Wei. We go about twice a month. I get the Pad Thai with extra vegetables and no tofu. It's not vegan though, because it has fish sauce in the sauce. Oh well. It's extremely tasty.

I'm impressed you all braved the Rainforest Cafe. Kudos to you all!