Friday, October 10, 2008

What would yours be?

A good friend of mine recently confessed her motivation for excercising more. If she did not meet the goals she set for herself, she would send $100 to the Nazi party. That made me wonder, what would I hate to do so much that it would that good of a deterrent? For Mark, it would be sending $100 to the Gamecock Booster Club. I think for me it would be sending money to the Creation Museum that was outside of Dinosaur Valley State Park in Texas.

So, what would yours be?

4 comments:

Allison said...

Holy cow! That's a lot of pressure.

I guess my biggest motivation would be saying I would shred money and it wouldn't go anywhere. But then again... I would rather shred money than give it to the Nazi party (or the gamecocks for that matter).

If it's non-$$ related, I would say taking away things my family loves - SB's toys, Marshall's computer, etc.

KAJ said...

Man, this is so funny. I immediately thought Dad's would be $100 donation to the democratic party and mom's would be $100 to those sonic commercials she hates.

I am struggling with mine...I think about a juvenile delinquency contribution. Giving $100 to a kid I know will buy alcohol, drugs or vandalize something.

wirrek said...

How funny, I had the same thought about the sonic commercials.

Andee said...

You know, this is a hard one. I thought and thought about this, and I thought about what is the one thing that is guarenteed to make me mad? So, if it is a donation to something that I absolutely do NOT believe in, it would have to be a donation to the society to not allow homosexuals the same relationship rights as heterosexuals.