Sunday, March 30, 2008

Edible Play Dough

playdough1

On my favorite new show, Jon and Kate Plus 8, Kate talks about making this playdough for her kids to play with. I thought it would be perfect for James because he loves playdough, he loves eating, and he loves eating playdough. The recipe is equal parts peanut butter, honey, and powdered milk. (I did 1 cup of each) Truth be told, I ended up adding a bunch of flour to get it to be less sticky. I set it out for a playdate with James's BFF, John, and some kitchen utensils. John worked with it very intently.

playdough2

James found out pretty quickly it was edible.

playdough3

As Miss Juliet said, "they were occupied with it for 5 minutes and there were no tears when they were done with it...success!" I put the remainder in the fridge. I think that will make it even better to work with.

2 comments:

Andee said...

Oh, edible play doh! What a great idea - maybe we can make some and add food coloring when we stay with you in a couple of weeks?

Juliet said...

I love it when we make the naptime blog!
John and I enjoyed the apple muffins this morning! He kept calling them "cupcakes" or "mumins."