Monday, January 14, 2008

Let's go hiking, hiking, hiking...

I have had a request for more videos. I don't post them, because I don't watch them. I just don't have that kind of time! But James does like to watch them, so here you go...


We went hiking this weekend at Table Rock State Park and did the Carrick Creek trail. Some of you might remember Table Rock State Park as the place I tried to kill you on the Pinnacle Mountain trail, but that simply is not true. Anyways, here is James in his Kelty Pathfinder.
backpack

James loved looking at the waterfalls. Good thing he was strapped down or he would be swimming!
pointing

This is what he was pointing at. Pretty, huh? Sometimes, I still can't believe we live here.
waterfall

Eventually, James just got to the point where he wanted to reach out a touch nature. And put it in his mouth.
tree

Here is Dad and Son walking down the mountain. This particular trail was 1.9 miles long and was pretty moderate, ie, not easy.
distance

I have also had some request for belly shots which I feel like I should be exempt from since this is my second child. Anyways, here you go. I don't think Baby#2 liked hiking. I think it is going to be a city chick.
me

8 comments:

Landon and Elizabeth said...

I miss hiking...I need to go

Anonymous said...

you tried killing me on that trail on my 13th birthday

Lauren P said...

Yay! Belly shots!

Anonymous said...

If I can do that Table Rock trail, you can too!! Of course, last time I did it, it took 3 hours each way!

Jenny said...

Fun times! I can't wait to take Mattie hiking :) Maybe when she's a little older (and it's a *little* warmer) we could all go to Jones Gap or somewhere for an all ages play date :)

Mel said...

Yep, you can place me in that "tried to kill me" category. In fact, I think you may have succeeded.

Andee said...

I love belly shots!!!! Just because it is your 2nd kid, no exemptionf or you. That only works on the 5th or 6th kid. Really. LOL. I don't know how mark hikes with James on his back like that. I would die. Again, really. I would love to take the girls hiking one time. Maybe we can do it sometime this spring/summer before you have the baby. A nice easy trail, with not much complaining. Make a picnic out of it?

But please don't try to kill me, since you have obviously tried to do with others. :-)

Anonymous said...

Can I come?