Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Top 5 South Park episodes

WARNING: This blog entry is rated M for Mature Audiences only. (that means you, mom)(and grandma, too)

Those people who know me well, even those who know me very well such as those I am married or related to, are surprised that I like South Park. I usually don't like the "stupid funny" movies (ie, wedding crashers, old school). I mean, they are ok, but I wouldn't do see them in a theater. I guess a lot of people think South Park is this "stupid funny". I know I did when it first came out. Let's face it, it is pretty gross at times, but most of the time, it is really smart, satirical, and really funny. So, I would like to present the top five South Park episodes that I have learned the most from.

#1: All About Mormons? A Mormon kid moves to South Park, and it’s up to Stan to kick his ass. But when Stan and his dad meet their new Mormon neighbors, they become fascinated with how genuinely nice they are. While the other boys mock Stan relentlessly for wimping out, Randy forces the rest of his family to become Mormon.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketMoral of the story - Sure, the Mormon religion is weird and Joseph Smith could have made it all up, but for the most part, Mormons are great people who love their family and are involved in the community.

#2: Christian Rock Hard - The boys kick Cartman out of their band. Cartman forms a Christian rock band with Butters and Token in the name of going platinum before his old band does. Meanwhile, the boys learn about the hardships of downloading music for free and go on strike in protest.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Moral of the story - Ok, maybe I didn't learn anything from this episode. I really see both sides of the music pirating thing, but I did think it was really funny that Cartmen had success adding the word "Jesus" to old songs and forming a Christian rock band.

#3: Vote or Die! PETA demonstrates against the use of a cow as South Park Elementary's mascot, so the student body is forced to choose a new one. As the election approaches, Kyle tries to convince everyone that his candidate, a giant douche, is better than Cartman's nominee, a turd sandwich. Stan refuses to vote because he thinks both mascots are stupid and is run out of town.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Moral of the story - "...all elections are between a giant douche and a turd sandwich..." Those are the only kinds of people that can make it that far in politics. You still have an obligation to vote.

#4: Make Love Not Warcraft - There's trouble in the online gaming world when a mad gamer won't play by the rules. The boys dedicate their lives to defeating the renegade and saving the World of Warcraft.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Moral of the story - There are many people who are really good at video games, but by playing them all the time, they end up with no life. And "how can you kill that which has no life?"

#5: Mr. Hankey the Christmas poo - I believe in Mr. Hankey! While South Park Elementary is attempting to stage a nondenominational holiday play that won't offend (or entertain) anyone, Kyle has checked himself into the South Park mental hospital. It's just Christmastime in South Park. In this landmark episode, an unlikely hero saves the day.

Moral of the story - People get all fussin' and fightin' over what can and can't be said that they forget to enjoy this time of the year. Plus, it has the rousing rendition of "Kyle's mom is a stupid bitch"

I have these 5 episodes on my DVR if anyone would like to stop by and see them!

9 comments:

Beth said...

Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo is my favorite! Haha

Andee said...

My favorite South Park is the 1996 man - where a man has been frozen in ice since 1996 (this aired in 1998.) And nobody can understand him, even though he is speaking English. And he escapes, and they bring in the Crocodile Hunter to capture him. Except the CH likes to "stick my thumb uphis buthole". LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I also like one of the Christmas specials, where Santa goes to Iraq and tries to give presents to all the children, but they think he is a missle and try to shoot him down, and he (Santa) throws himself in front of bullets for Stan. And Stan comes back professing faith in the one that sacrificied himself for him(Stan). Basically the Jesus story, but with Santa.

Ok, I will shut up now.

Lauren P said...

It is a Moby Wrap. I don't have any others, so I can't really compare for you. I like it because you can do a number of different carries/holds. It's good for all stages. The only drawback is that it is a huge piece of fabric and so it's a bit cumbersome. Beth has a few different wraps including a Moby, so she could probably off you a better opinion. I'm actually in the market for a Mei Tai myself.

Robin said...

There is an oldie but goodie about Big Al's Gay Animal Park that I always chuckle at.

Mark said...

How about the You Got Served episode? Stan tries to serve back by line dancing to Achy Braky Heart. But apparently, if you get served and serve them back, then "it's on!"

I also like the one where the South Park Cows dodgeball team plays against China, and the Chinese announcers are making fun of Americans "with their biiiig American eyes." "I'll use my credit card." Classic!

lunar said...

Things I didn't know about Kerri...LOL! Let's not forget the Wheel of Fortune episode where he blurts out an unfortunate racial slur and then becomes demeaned over and over again by his own word!

Theresa said...

I found your blog through, well, I forget! Jenny H. maybe? Anyway, I love the South Park post! I had to close my office door so no one would hear me laughing. Not that I would ever read blogs at work . . .

Jenny said...

Gabe is astounded that no one mentioned the Special Olympics episode where Cartman enters and can't win...

And I have to say that one of my favorite episodes is the one with the hippie drum circles. (go figure!)

Anonymous said...

Interesting episodes all the episodes are ranking on the top. The show is my favorite. I am trying to Download South park these 5 episodes.