Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mommy's guilt

You may or may not have heard, but I got a job. I got a real big girl, no not teaching job. I am really excited and I think this is a good opportunity for me. However, even though I have wanted this job and know that it is the best thing for me and my family, it is still hard to make the switch from being a mainly full time stay at home mom (AND a pretty much full time technical college instructor) to a full time working mom (AND still a pretty much full time technical college instructor - yikes!) A big part of that is that the kids will have to be in school all day every day. No more lazy mornings and afternoons, mo more getting out early to beat the crowds. This past Friday was going to be our last free afternoon. I picked the kids up from school at 2pm and then we walked downtown to get ice cream. We went to spill the beans which you can see from the back of their school. The pictures aren't so good because I was talking them on my ipod, but you get the idea that they really like ice cream!

Photobucket

Next week went shopping so I could get a new visor. Let's face it. Pink and orange just don't match. I bought visors all around. Again, mommy guilt.

Photobucket

Then we went to Bowman field to check out the homecomings floats. It was pretty impressive to watch these go up all week as we drove to school everyday. It was even more impressive for the kids to see them up close.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Look at this guy and his visor. Like a little Spurrier.

Photobucket

Also impressive was the habitat for humanity house. The "construction zone" as Andy would call it every day

Photobucket

Driving by this week it was just as impressive to see them all broken down on Monday!

2 comments:

Hollie said...

Congrats on the job and good luck. Loved the pictures of homecoming floats. Wish we could have brought the girls to see them.

Andee said...

Yay - you got the job!

I cried earlier this week when Annabeth asked me why I couldn't be home earlier like the other mommies.