Friday, April 1, 2011

Split Creek Farms

Photobucket

During the week, James goes to preschool 5 days a week. Andy only goes Tuesdays and Thursdays. Don't even get me started on how pointless two day a week school is, but you gotta do what you gotta do! At any rate, I have quality time with Andy three days a week. We get to do a lot of fun things, but poor guy, we do a lot of errands also. Today the mom's club was having an event at split creek farm, a local goat farm. I have often gushed about their goat cheese on this blog and my cooking blog, but I have never been to the actual farm. I was very happy it worked out this time.

It took me about 15 minutes to get there from my house. It is a narrow one lane road that takes you to the farm itself. There was a small muddy parking lot, and some small buildings here and there, and lots of....different animals! The only ones that were contained were the goats, but we also saw ducks, chickens and roosters:

Photobucket

Andy actually got to feed the chickens:
Photobucket

Photobucket

There were cats:
Photobucket

They dranky out of this. Andy gave a 15 minute dissertation speech on this water fountatin. Cats take baths, cats drink water, lots of water!

Photobucket

There was a sleeping pigs. He snored:

Photobucket

Oh, and hunnies!

Photobucket

Oh, yeah, and goats! Here are the baby goats. They are 6 weeks old:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And mommy and daddy goats:
Photobucket

What a great time! Can't wait to go back.

Incidently, when I met my new vegan friends, I think I mentioned that I couldn't be vegan cause I couldn't give up goat cheese. Well, came home with a nice log of fresh cheese. YUM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark May 21 on your calendar. It is Kids Meeting Kids at Split Creek Farm. Children can hold and interact with young goats. I got a brochure at the Jubilee today.

Mom

Clemson Area Moms said...

Split Creek has another kids meeting kids coming up on June 18th 10-4.