Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hagood Mill

Photobucket

A friend of ours has been telling us about Hagood Mill for awhile now. Every third Saturday of the month they have a little festival. Inasmuch as today was the third Saturday, the weather was great, and we didn't have anything else to do, we decided to go. I took my camera and honestly said, "mommy needs a blog post!"

Here is the actually mill:
Photobucket

Today they had the following fresh grains for sale: white grits, yellow grits, white cornmeal, yellow cornmeal, whole wheat flour. I bought a bag of whole wheat flour. I would have bought grits, but I still have a bag from timm's mill in my freezer.
Photobucket

James liked to dance to the milling:
Photobucket

They had lots of arts and crafts vendors, including HONEY with honeysticks!
Photobucket

Also demonstrations such as WEAPONS:
Photobucket

Andy just liked playing with the rocks:
Photobucket

The boys climbed over the old mill rocks:
Photobucket

We bought hot dogs there. Not exactly a "real food". We will bring a picnic lunch next time. Man, I wish I had a cool picnic basket!
Photobucket

They had some animals including horses. James and Andy met all three they had there:
Photobucket

The green and red smudges are from my kids:
Photobucket

James did a native american "candy dance".
Photobucket

Finished up with a little 3/4 mile hike around a little trail there. Not all that well marked, but fine.
Photobucket

We had a great time. Can't wait to go back!

No comments: